Well here is a special deal of the
day, wait… make that WEEK! Currently – Nov 20-28, 2014
Things for iPad is a wonderful task manager app that is usually $19.99 but has been selected by Apple as their app of the week. So, until the 28th you can save yourself $19.99 and download it for free!
Things for iPhone is also free currently – at that price you really need to download both versions of the app and see if this fits the bill for keeping you organized!
Things for Mac is 30% off currently! Of course that makes it still a hefty $34.99! Which is exactly why I do not use this app on my Mac! When you added up the cost of getting the iPad, iPhone AND Mac versions of this app you had a pretty big sum of money! Especially when Apple’s Reminders was free…. now don’t get me wrong…. Things is heads and tales above and beyond Reminders in functionality so keep that in mind!
If you do not have the NotesPlus app for iPad it is currently on sale for only $1.99!
What’s to think about it’s free! Go get it – Especially if you haven’t bought yourself an app that does the the whole digital audio workstation bit yet!
Plus their BeatPad is on sale for $2.99 (down from $5.99). BeatPad and PocketStudio work hand in hand. Pass your beats you create in BeatPad off to PocketStudio then record your keys, vocal and guitar into PocketStudio. Don’t forget to add some live horns in there too!
Pocket Studio by XME here is a list of top features to tempt you even more….
• 96 Tracks! YES, NINETY SIX TRACKS! Create as many tracks up to 96 as your iOS device will let you.
• BeatPad midi plugin: Tap the folder icon/new/track/midi then tap the Midi Track’s input button to select BeatPad.
• Record Digital Audio from devices plugged into dock connector
• Record audio and midi tracks in each session
• Available reverb and delay effect sends for each track
• Unlimited Songs
• Beautiful Design
• Import Audio from Your Music Library
• Import audio from email
• Record audio from thousands of online radio stations
• Quantize midi tracks to keep notes in sync
• Tap and hold metronome button to reveal metronome UI
• Tap and hold Input button to quickly reveal input plugin (BeatPad or Online Radio for example)
• 118 BeatPad Kits available for download
• Quick Punch Recording
• Tap Docs button/NewTrack/Midi then set BeatPad as the input to create BeatPad midi tracks
– Create Custom Kits by sampling microphone audio or Importing audio from email and the web!
– Share your custom kits with friends!
– Download Kits made by others from around the world
– Universal App Installs on iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch!
– Quantize: Automatic Note Sync keeps you on beat
– Email Your Beats to EVERYONE!
– Upload Your Beats to SoundCloud, YouTube & Your FaceBook wall
– Professional Sound Banks used by Real Producers
– 8 Channel Music Sequencing
– Type and Save Your Lyrics to Each Song
– Easy to use interface..
– Send your song files to friends for collaboration
I do not like using a To-Do app that does not have a desktop version of the app as well as an iOS version. I also love seeing innovative designs that are clean and inspiring to look at.
Clear, from RealMac, fits both of those criteria. PLUS both apps are on sale! RealMac usually doesn’t usually offer discounted prices on their desktop software either so this is clearly a sweet deal!
Clear for Mac – $4.99 (50% off – down from $10.99)
Clear for iOS – $1.99 (down from $4.99)
Here are some highlights of what Clear does for you….
- Simple, Gesture based design
- Syncs your lists across devices via iCloud
- Now you can set reminders
- Looks mighty fine!
- Sounds cool too – that’s a bonus for us musician types! (Unless of course you are in a teachers meeting – then you are going to want to turn your volume DOWN!)
Well, this is a first….
SketchBook is one of the Apps of the Week picks by Apple! That means that the iPhone and iPad apps for Sketchbook, the wonderful painting and drawing apps from AutoDesk are free for one week!
If you are in the least bit interested in drawing or sketching or painting then go download them!
AutoDesk’s Sketchbook Pro for iPad
Sketchbook Mobile for iPhone
There are some really great apps on sale right now to help you with the creation of music on an iOS device….
Want to create a little music and noise? These are some awesome apps to have on sale…. right from the grand-daddy of them all – Animoog down to the new kid on the block – Sector. iGrand has some of the best sounding piano sounds for iOS and the price drop includes dropping the price of the expansion pack too!
MUSIC INSTRUMENT APPS:
Animoog – $19.99 (down from $29.99) (33%)
Animoog for iPhone – $5.99 (down from $9.99) (50%)
Sector – $7.99 (down from $8.99)
BeatMaker 2 – $9.99 (down from $19.99) (50%)
Everyday Looper – $2.99 (down from $5.99) (50%)
Filtatron – $5.99 (down from $7.99)
iGrand – $11.99 (down from $19.99 (Expansion pack is only $5.99 right now)
iLectric – $11.99 (down from $19.99 (Expansion pack is only $5.99 right now)
Have any MIDI keyboards you use? What about wanting to make your final mix sound better? Here you go…..
MASTERING & MIDI APPS:
MIDI Designer Pro – $19.99 (down from $29.99)
Final Touch – $12.99 (down from $19.99)
Next up we have some biggie wallet savers for any guitar player out there…..
FOR GUITAR PLAYERS:
JamUp XT PRO – $4.99 (down from $19.99) (75%) PLUS all expansion packs are 50% off too!
BIAS – $4.99 (down from $19.99) (75%)
BIAS for iPhone – $4.99 (down from $19.99) (75%)
If you have never heard of Fantastical 2 for iPad/iPhone/Mac then you really need to go take a look at how much easier you life could be! Back in April, I wrote about Fantastical when it was updated to Version 2. There were some great features that increased the versatility of the app then and today it gets bumped to V2.1 PLUS it goes on 50% sale!
I think all of us use our calendars on our devices as a way to stay on top of our busy schedules. That means adding events left and right, which means doing a whole bunch of tap-tap-tap and digging through menus to find that setting we need changed. Fantastical 2 has the aim of making this process so much faster! Fantastical uses natural language input – Simply type in “Lunch next Wednesday with Ron Smith at Hotel Doherty” and your event is created on the correct day, with the correct time at the right location with the right person!
The only downside to this app is that you have to buy the iPad version separate from the iPhone version. Since the apps are on sale though…. you should just go buy both of them!
Of course, using Fantastical 2 on the Mac really makes the process of managing our calendars even easier because Fantastical lives up in the menu bar. You can check your calendar, create events and even work though your Reminders all without actually opening an app!
IF you are still using the stock, Apple Calendar and Reminders then this is your special day!
Fantastical 2 for iPad – $4.99
Fantastical 2 for iPhone – $4.99
Fantastical 2 for Mac – $9.99
If you don’t have these apps this is the perfect time to buy them at a reduced price and get creative!
I do not write about apps on my blog that I either don’t already own and use or plan on buying. All the apps I talk about here are useful to any teacher or musician. There are so many junk apps on the app store that it is hard to wade through them all. That’s why I share what I find useful in the hopes that I can save someone else the hassle of trying to guess about it’s usefulness.
Here is what is on sale right now…. (These are amazing deal! Especially the last one on the list. If you have to pick just ONE of these then get Audio Mastering. If you already have that one then get either SunRizer or Magellan!)
- iGrand Piano $11.99 [The In-App-Purchases are also on sale right now!] (down from $19.99) – one of the best sounding piano sounds you will hear coming out of an iPad!
- iLectric Piano $11.99 [The In-App-Purchases are also on sale right now!] (down from $19.99) – great sounding electric piano sounds you will hear coming out of an iPad!
Developer, Igor, has just released his newest effects app and has lowered the price on all of his apps. I totally consider these first two as essential in my workflow when ever I am working with my own compositions or performances from my bands at school.
- AltiSpace – $5.99 – SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICING/ JUST RELEASED – realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! The FX you will get out of this app are so tasty you will want to start using it every time you perform or record!
- Audio Mastering $6.99 (down from $12.99) – Every time you record a performance of one of your groups the last step should be to run those recordings through this app! The difference is astounding! Adjust EQ, Compression, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging and more. If you know what you are doing with this app you could get even better results that what I do but even with my limited knowledge about Mastering the difference is amazing!
- Master FX $5.99 (down from $11.99) – from the same developer who wrote Audio Mastering – Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks.
- Master Record $4.99 – Easy to use recording application with convenient controls
For the Synth and drum people
For Guitar and Bass Players:
- JamUp Pro $9.99 (50% off for limited time) – The tagline on their page says “JamUp is the world’s best Guitar/Bass Multi-Effects Processor for iPad and iPhone.” but the competition is tough with this next app that is also on sale…
- Bias – Amps Designer and Modeler – $9.99 (50% off for limited time – Their tagline says “Amp Designer, Modeler and Processor for iPad. It’s warm, accurate and more versatile than any other modeler, processor in hardware or software ever created.” so you pick which is best!
AND THE BEST DEAL OF ALL – For those of us who DON’T play guitar but wish we did (well…. OK, you people that do play guitar are still going to like this one!)
BONUS – I’ve got to mention this one again – it is a Mac App.
For those of us who need to create programs, posters, logos and all sorts of graphics work….
Pixelmator is the best alternative to PhotoShop for a much better price and currently it is on a 50% sale for $15.99!
Remember – if you are inspired to purchase apps because of my blog, please click on the links in this post and help give back to my efforts here. Each link is an affiliate link and gives me a small percentage of Apple’s profit on each app. The developer still gets their full profit.
It’s not often that I talk about non-music apps here on my blog. If I do it’s probably because it’s an organizational tool, like calendars/databases/To-Do Lists.
Today though I can not miss the opportunity to let you know that Pixelmator is on a 50% sale in the Mac App Store. This is an app for you desktop/laptop that takes the place of Adobe PhotoShop, which I’m sure you all recognize.
PhotoShop is “the” app for anyone who wishes to do anything with pictures on a computer. The problem is the price! Go ahead, check it out. Ridiculous!
Pixelmator is on sale for a little while longer for $15.99 which is a price that even I am willing to spend. The program cover for the next concert is going to look a WHOLE lot better this year!
Layers, Shapes, Healing Brushes, Text to Shape – good stuff for a great price!
Here is the PixelMator website to take an in-depth look at the capabilities in the app.
Even better, take a look at these tutorials to see how easy it is to apply these tools to make your programs/letters/logos/website look so much more professional
As always – the links on my blog are affiliate links. That means if you click on my links because you like my ideas I bring to your attention I get a small profit from Apple’s share of the sales. The Developers keep all of their share. This is just a small way to keep my blog going.
There are two apps right now that may be of use to those of you who work with guitar players. Both apps have dropped to the great price of FREE currently.
The first is Songster – I have used this app and it is wonderful and I’m not even a guitar player! This app has gone from $5 to $20 to $150! What they are trying to feel out is how much people are willing to pay for access to their library of guitar chords. Currently the app is free and you can get a feel for how the app works but there is a monthly subscription fee if you want full access.
Songster is amazing in how extensive their library is. Each of the songs are already figured out for you – you can view each individual guitar part, bass part, drum set tabs, and even vocal parts are there too. Whatever the songs originally had you can see tabs for! For instance on The Beatles song Yesterday you can see the string quartet parts! OF COURSE THIS IS DEPENDENT ON SOMEONE FIGURING OUT THE PARTS FIRST! Also, don’t go looking for any classical pieces in this app.
GUITAR LESSONS: ROCK PRODIGY:
This app is not one that I have used because I simply have not the desire to spend the time to learn to play guitar – Any instrument with more than 5 strings and I just don’t get along.
It is free right now though just dropped in price from $50! It was up to $200 at one time!
Korg has some awesome iPad apps out to create music with. The only problem is that they are priced on the high end of iPad apps! So this sale is a perfect time to grab a couple of them! The sale lasts until July 14th.
Korg iMS-20 $19.99 (down from $29.99)
Korg iElectribe $9.99 (down from $19.99)
Korg iPolysix $19.99 (down from $29.99)
Korg iKaossilator $9.99 (down from $19.99)
and the big one of them all – their newest
Korg Gadget $28.99 (down from $38.99)
Check out this screen shot of all the little gadgets this one app crams into your iPad to create a huge creative force….