Over at the Auria discussion boards it was announced today that one of THE big DAW apps for iPad is going to be going to a new version which will be called “Auria Pro”.
If you are not familiar with what Auria is currently here it is…. Auria is one of the leading Digital Audio Workstations for iPad offering 48 tracks of digital audio playback from iPad and 24 tracks of simultaneous recording! I’ve said it before… when the concept of Auria was first introduced people could not believe that this would ever happen!
Now Auria is taking the next step…. of course we have heard rumors that this was going to happen but now it is official with the first public showing happening at the upcoming NAMM show! Here is the run down with some screen shots of the new and might I say much improved UI….
Some of you who are still using older iPads are going to want to start thinking about upgrading to an iPad Air or iPad Air2 because it is my guess that these new features are not going to do so well on much less – iPad2 is gonna be out as the current version of Auria won’t run that well on it.
Another thought – for those of you who are freaking out at the $49.99 price tag because you have never spent more than $1.99 on an app….. This is a pro app, this gives you functionality that has only been available on desktop apps in the past and those apps have cost $200 up to $500!
New Features: (I have bolded the items that are the main head liners……)
– Comprehensive MIDI capabilities including:
– MIDI sequencing
– Tempo and Time-signature tracks
– Piano roll editor
– Real-time MIDI parameters including quantize, velocity shift, velocity compression,
length compression, random, delay, legato and transpose
– Groove template quantizing with built-in DNA grooves (additional grooves available for
– MIDI processing functions including Transpose, Fixed Length, Velocity Gain, Fixed
Velocity, Delete Notes, Delete Controller, Restrict Polyphony, Optimize Controller Data,
Humanize, Delete Overlaps, Crescendo, Reverse, Pedal to Length, Velocity Rescale,
Velocity Range, Velocity Curve and Compress/Limit
– FabFilter Twin 2 Analog synth built in
– WaveMachine Labs multi-format sampler built in
– Powerful new audio routing with flexible busses
– Real-time audio warping using Elastique Pro v3
– Audio quantize feature
– Transient slicing
– Audio to MIDI conversion – WHAT!?!
– Unlimited tracks
– 6 AUX sends
– Project templates
– Updated graphics and overall performance improvements
Auria Pro will be available Spring 2015 and will be priced at $49.99, and existing Auria users will also be able to upgrade to Auria Pro for a reduced price. I have no idea what the upgrade price will be but the full version of the current app is on a 50% sale for $24.99. Pricing for the standard Auria version will be staying at $24.99.