I feel REALLY bad for not sharing this here –
Notion is on sale right now! Save like almost 50% off! It’s $7.99 which is a steal. If you are a music educator you need this! Even if you don’t own Notion for your regular computer it’s a no brainer…
- Start work on your iPad.
- Use your iPad to hand-write the music
- Use your iPad to photo-scan sheet music in using something like Sheet Music Scanner and transfer it to Notion to clean up or add to it and then transfer it to your computer via XML to use in Finale/Sibelius/Dorico/Notion or whatever you use for music notation on the computer.
- Enter Percussion parts via the nifty percussion features on your iPad (Trust me, this is WAY easier than on a desktop!)
The list goes on and on….
If you are a musician you need this app….
- Compose your own music
- Arrange a flute part for you to play on your trombone
- Find music on the internet and import it into Notion for you to play (and take with you everywhere!)
Yes, there is a bit of learning of new software but if you have used music notation apps then you know what is possible and it will not take you long!