- Symphony Pro for iPad – $6.99 (50% off !) – Music Notation on iOS. Note that to get ALL the current features you also need to purchase the IAP upgrade which is normally $4.99 but is currently at $2.99!
- Symphony Pro for iPhone – $2.99 (50% off)
- SunRizer for iPad – $4.99 (from $9.99)
- SunRizer XS for iPhone – $.99 (from $2.99)
- SynthTronica – $1.99 (from $9.99)
- iMaschine2 – $4.99 (from $9.99) – Go watch their demo video of the first version of the app where the guy is working with the dance team! If that video doesn’t inspire you to buy this app I don’t know what would!
- Photophore Synth $3.99 (from $7.99)
- Impaktor – $1.99 (from $4.99) AMAZING drum app. This is for all those people who are constantly beating on EVERYTHING all around them! The cool part is that this app turns that drumming into real drum sounds along with all sorts of crazy amazing other sounds!
- GuitarCapo+ is $2.99 ($4.99) One of the best sounding acoustic guitar apps available!
- Fugue Machine – $7.99 (from $9.99)
- 76 Synthesizer – $1
- Loop Tree – $6.99 (from $12.99) – Do you like looping or would you like to try your hand at looping? Get this app! Here is a review I did on this great app – be sure to check out the YouTube videos at the end of the review because they have a bunch of tutorials on how to make app work!
- AUFX 4 Bundle from Kymatica for $11.99 (remember that if you have purchased some of these apps then the rest of the bundle price gets lowered, in fact I got the other last app free because I had purchased three of these in the past!) –
- If you are going to only buy one FX app to get you started then these are the ones to start with probably!
- Some of the best FX apps out there because they are simple and straight forward but still highly tweak able.
- I use these apps all the time alongside other apps either as AudioBus or InterAppAudio insert FX’s. Very stable and the processor requirements are minimal!
- Bundle Includes Push, Dub, Space and PeakQ.
- Sugar Bytes Cyclops – $12.99 (from $24.99)
- Sugar Bytes Egoist – $17.99 (from $29.99)
- Sugar Bytes Turnado – $9.99 (50%)
- Sugar Bytes Thesys – $9.99 (50%)
- Sugar Bytes WOW Filterbox – $9.99 (from $14.99)
- Sugar Bytes Effectrix – – $9.99 (from $17.99)
- Lemur – $9.99 (from $24.99) BUY THIS if you want to design your own controller layouts to control all your other apps and hardware! This is seriously one of the best but be ready to spend a little bit of time learning how to use it. I wish I could have an electronic music class that this was part of the curriculum in!
- MIDI Designer Pro – $14.99 (from $24.99) See the description for Lemur because this app is on the same level as that.
- Audreio – $3.99 (from $7.99)
It’s that time of the year! Christmas!
There are some amazing sales on music performance apps. I will try to divide them up so it’s easier to figure out what might interest you.
First of all – If you do not own AudioBus for some reason you NEED to get this app. It is one way to start using multiple apps at the same time on iOS – for instance running an instrument app like SynthMaster Player into an effects app like Swoopster and then into a DAW app like Cubasis! Outstanding! Plus the new trick that AudioBus has learned is that it is now a controller for the new technology called Ableton Link which is outstanding. Read about it here.
KORG – Korg apps are on a 50% sale until the 28th! Many of the IAP purchases are also on sale! I think these apps stand out for three reasons 1) Some of the Korg apps are supporting the new Abelton Link technology! (Read here) 2)The brand new iDS-10 for iPhone has an amazing vocoder built in that will sing your words! Outstanding synth besides that and 3)Wow, just wow on most of these apps – to buy the actual hardware that these apps emulate would cost a fortune but these apps, especially on sale price, are more than worth it!
Here they are listed in order of most useful to a music educator…
- Korg iDS-10
- Korg Module – Hook up a MIDI keyboard and this is amazing!
- Korg iM1 – – Hook up a MIDI keyboard and this is amazing!
- Korg Gadget – Entire production app right here!
- iMS-20 –
Another wonderful app with a ton of great sounds is the SynthMaster Player App. This app gives you a bunch of sounds that are absolutly free. Then if you purchase the Pro upgrade you get something like 800 total amazing sounds to play with! There are a bunch of IAP sound banks for sale in here too – most of which are all 50% off right now!
Then there are the IK MultiMedia Apps… most of which are on a 50% sale alogn with many of the In-App-Purchases which are all outstanding! In fact if you are looking for strings then get SmapleTank and then MiroSlav Philharmonik Mobile Edition!
SampleTank – – Hook up a MIDI keyboard and this is amazing!
iGrand Piano – – Hook up a MIDI keyboard and this is amazing!
iLectric Piano for iPad – – Hook up a MIDI keyboard and this is amazing!
Then the Drum apps….
- Drum Kick for iPad – If you want to PLAY the drums with your fingers this is it baby! Get the iPhone app and put it in your sock to instantly have a kick drum!
- Patterning (If you don’t have this drum app – GET IT! So much fun and it also supports Abelton Link!)
- Elastic Drums (If you like synthesized drum apps this is the best AND it also support Abelton Link)
- Diode-108 Drum Machine – Check the free version first
- Rytmik Ultimate
Other amazing instrument apps…
- item -$4.99 – Sonic wow factor right here! Hook it up to a sound system!
- Addictive Synth – $4.99- Warning – see the name…..? Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you! Good news is you won’t get arrested for this addiciton but your spouse may not like it!
- iMini – $4.99
- iProphet – $4.99
- Heavy Brass – Intro price until the 31st of $9.99 – amazing brass sounds in this app!
- Tera Synth – $9.99 (50% off)
- Poseidon Synth – $9.99 Introductory price
- micro TERA – $4.99
- Cube Synth – $5.99
- Fugue Machine – $7.99 – this is a nifty app, one of the only apps to have multiple playheads (allows you to play several parts at different speeds and directions! Wicked awesome!)
- Lorentz – $3.99
- Laplace – $3.99
- bismark bs-16i – $3.99
Then there are some sweet apps for the adventureous people that really like to manipulate and twist their music…
- Sector – $5.99
- Glitch breaks – $2.99
- Sliver – $2.99
- Wretched – $1.99
- Gestrument for $4.99- Gestrument LE is free
What about apps that are just plain fun to generate music from that have a different interface and are easy to figure out. Great apps for ANYONE (like even elementary kids or non-music students)
- Patterning $7.99 (yes it is a repeat but it is so awesome for EVERYONE!)
- Ondes – $1.99
- dot Melody – $7.99
- Arpeggionome for iPad – $7.99
Vocalists can’t be left out either…
- Voice Jam Studio $3.99- one of the best for singers
- Harmony Voice $4.99- put some headphones on and you will loose an hour real fast!
- VocaLive for iPad or for iPhone (50%)
Effects Apps – These are so easy to use in the Effects slots of other apps, using either AudioBus or Inter-App-Audio. (The top six here are for iPad at $3.99 but the iPhone version is available for $1.99)
- Stereo Designer – $3.99
- Swoopster – $3.99
- Crystalline – $3.99
- Caramel – $3.99
- Echo Pad – $3.99
- Johnny – Multiwave Tremelo – $3.99
- Mic Room
- Tap Delay
- Final Touch – This is usually a $20 app and it is currently $3! If you ever record your performance or students or rehearsals you NEED this app!