Beathakw by UVI has got to be one of the best looking apps I’ve seen in a long time! This is one more amazing iPad app to add to your toolbox – currently it is listed for only $4.99 which is an introductory price.
The app has a bit of a different approach to working with what at first seems a pretty familiar interface – for instance…. if you have a melodic instrument attached to one of the 16 pads you can go “into” that pad to get to a keyboard of sorts that will then allow you to play melodies. There are several other interesting takes on “conventional” methods of an app like this.
The design is beautiful and the sounds are wonderful. The capabilities you gain from an app that is only $4.99 makes this well worth your time and the space it will take on your iPad!
There are a bunch of videos on their website that you go watch to give yourself a great understanding of what the app sounds like and is capable of.
Here is the list of features….
- Immediate workflow, exceptional ease-of-use
- Built-in sampling with high-quality pitch and time stretching
- Includes a huge library of studio-grade sounds and instruments
- Expand your studio with exclusive UVI sound libraries
- Export song, stems and MIDI in one touch
- Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, AudioCopy and WIST compliant
- 16 track sequencer with up to 16 patterns
- 780Mb sound and instrument library included
- Trigger via. pad mode, keyboard mode or with external device
- Edit and tweak sounds with high-quality effects and ADSR envelope
- Sample from iPad built-in mic, line-in or external devices
- High-quality pitch and time stretching
- Choke groups and One-Shot sample modes
- Perform and record arrangements realtime
- Integrated sound browser with realtime preview
- Includes EDM Factory and URBAN Factory libraries with 2,000+ samples, 290 presets and dozens of loops
- Additional libraries available via in-app purchase include: Acoustic Grand, Atlanta Urban, Brass Riffs, Choirs, Disco, Electric Piano, Electro Pop, Funk, Guitar Loops, Latin Percussion, Scratch, Talk Vox, Trip Hop, West Coast Urban and World Percussion
- Jam with multiple iPads using WIST Sync over Bluetooth
- Export stereo mix, stems or MIDI files with one touch
- Easily transfer files via. iTunes App
- External keyboard and MIDI-over-LAN support via CoreMIDI
- Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, Audio Copy and WIST compliant
- Export: 44.1kHz 24-bit WAV
- Import: FLAC, WAV, MP3, MP4, or AIF
- iPad 2 or newer (iPad 4 or newer recommended)
- 1024 MB RAM recommended
- iOS 7+
Here is the intro video….