Just this week there is now a concept changing app that has come on the market! If you are using your iPad to make multi-track recordings with an app like Multi-Track DAW, Auria or Cubasis then I’m sure you are also using all sorts of other apps for synth sounds, drum beats and effects. That means you are probably using AudioBus to tie all those amazing apps into your DAW. If not, my question is why? Especially with iPadAir, you can now run your DAW right alongside 3, 4 even 5 or more apps all synced together because of AudioBus (although I suppose you could be using InterApp Audio)
Now there is a mixer app that allows you to adjust the levels coming from all of those apps in one easy to use interface that will immediately be familiar because it is setup just like ye ‘ol fashion mixer of old!
How is this going to change your work flow? Leave me a comment below, let me know what you think!
The app is called MiMix from TTrGames and is $2.99 for launch (25% discount) – you will absolutely need at least iPad2 and up, as well as AudioBus.
– Mix up to 8 Audiobus enabled apps including the system input or multiple channels of a multichannel input hardware
– Set the main mix volume level between -INF and +12dB
– Set the volume level of each input port between -INF and +12dB
– Set the panning or balance of each port (selectable)
– Mute any port
– Set any port to solo
– Monitor any port or the main mix on the built-in oscilloscopes and VU meters
– Control the main mix volume and volume, balance, mute and solo for each port using a MIDI controller or a Core MIDI app
– Set the MIDI CC parameters of each control via MIDI learn
– Set the MIDI channel and button behavior in the System Settings
– Double-tap on each knob or slider to set its default value
– Check the saturation indicator for each port to check if the pots power reached 0dB
– Check the clip indicator on the main mix to avoid clipping.
– MiMiX uses a 32 bit integer engine so clipping can only occur at the main mix
– MiMiX is lightweight – minimal CPU usage and memory footprint
NEXT UP IS A SYNTH APP THAT WOULD BLOW THE MINDS OF ANYONE FROM THE 1980’s
Rediscover a legendary synthesizer from the 80’s, the Prophet VS. Take place in the line of outstanding musicians who created and played on this amazing instrument. Deep pads, intense leads, unique FX’s, an iconic realm of sounds is now at your fingertips.
Released September 30, this iPad synth has all the sounds of the original with more than 500 sounds made from musicians of today!
IF you consider that the real synth costs $1300 and up paying $9.99 for this app is quite the deal – plus an iPad is WAY more portable!