FiddleWax Yellow – Harmony Looper (They have released the app for free for the first week of it’s release so get it quick!)
I love their mission statement on the front page of their website –
“Fiddlewax instruments are designed from the ground up to enable anyone who enjoys music to experiment, play, and create their own songs without formal teaching or instruction.
Every aspect of Fiddlewax puts music first. Simple interfaces help musicians focus on what they’re creating; there are no ads, faux-wood textures, or frivolous interaction to distract from the creative process.”
Their Yellow instrument I think fills that statement very easily…. It is a live vocal harmony generator, effects processor and looper all rolled into one app with a simple interface.
- Realtime 3-part vocal harmony using our very own super fast, polyphonic, pitch-shifting and audio analysis pipeline. Sing and synthesize new sounds and audio textures on the fly.
- Built-in effects to add chorus, distortion, reverb, low-pass, and high-pass filters with the push of a button. Quickly transform your voice into other instrument sounds as you play.
- Synchronized, auto-expanding looper to layer up to 6 audio tracks at once. Easily start/stop any track and clear tracks individually when you want to overwrite/undo.
- Integrated recording function to save and share songs. Send to other installed apps, attach to email, or download later from iTunes when you sync your device.
- Low-level core audio implementation makes everything run super fast and robust (built using The Amazing Audio Engine).
- Headphone-aware control logic reduces the chance of squeaky feedback while you record.
- Great for all experience levels, from beginners to experts.
- Precision interface optimized for 10-finger multitouch.