I am always looking for better ways to keep track of my ToDo list. I have not settled on one method yet…. In fact today I added one more app to my ToDo list of apps to try out for a couple of weeks. Let me tell you why…
GoodTask (Formerly This Week) extends Built-in iOS Reminders to a Powerful Task Manager for $4.99. There are a couple of things here that caught my eye.
- A great design
- The app shows my tasks and my calendar events right next to each other.
- GoodTask allows me to set filters in order to better display my tasks. This is one thing that bugs me in Apple’s Reminders app. I love setting reoccurring tasks, I mean as a Band Director I am constantly doing the same tasks year after year. Why would I want to continue to recreate that list. I simply set a yearly reminder and then I am all set for next school year. The problem is that I don’t like seeing my lists for next years Band Camp when its only February and not time to deal with them yet.
- GoodTask works nicely with other apps like LaunchCenter Pro.
- I can take an easy look back at my lists of things I’ve done.
- I can easily track my repeating Tasks to see how I’ve been doing with keeping up with things!
- oh…. one last item – One price and you get the iPhone version along with the iPad version! It really seriously annoys me to have to buy an app twice!
I am really liking using WunderList because it is free and it allows me to share lists with others but I will be digging into this new app for the couple of weeks to see how it compares in actual daily use.